Thursday 14 July 2011

30 Day Asexuality Challenge; Day 8

8. Do you believe there should be asexual pride? What do you imagine it being like?
I think there not only should be Ace pride, but that there already is. (we’re just less noticeable than some other pride groups. We tend to blend into the geeks, mostly.)
I would like it to be more visible though. I’d like to be able to wear the ace flag on my bag and not have people assume it’s just “a pretty pattern”, I’d love for people to know what the black ring on my finger is actually about, and I’d just generally like to see greater recognition of ace symbols and ace-ness in general. I'd love to set off people's 'acedar', instead of setting off their 'gaydar'

I imagine being able to get (as in, buy from someone around me, as opposed to either over the internet, from the other side of the world, or having to make it myself) stuff with ace symbols on it/incorporated, I imagine being able to make ace jokes and having a better than none chance of a random stranger get them, I imagine future aces growing up and having the words to describe themselves.
I imagine us not being invisible.

No comments:

Post a Comment